Nothing brings back memories of a Guyanese morning like the smell of fresh Bake. This beauty is so simple to make and can be stuffed with anything your heart desires. Traditionally people go with Salt Fish but we went with fried 😉 another classic combo. Created by Tash and Josh's Kitchen
- 1/4 Cup Sugar 2.0
- 1/3 teaspoon Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1 Tablespoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon Margerine
- 2 Cups Flour
- Combine all dry ingredients and Margerine.
- Slowly add water until dough comes together. If too wet sprinkle with flour until it’s manageable.
- Gently knead for 5-10 minutes.
- Let rest for at least 15 minutes.
- Create balls out of dough. Be sure to fold dough from the outside inwards.
- Roll out each ball into 1/2 cm discs starting with the first one you made and gently place into hot oil to deep fry. Oil needs to be at least 1 1/2 inches deep. Fry for about 30 seconds on each side or until golden brown.